An applicant may be considered for Admission to the BIT degree programme, if he/she has:
1.Three passes in the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in one sitting.
Any other educational / academic / professional qualification listed under the Approved Alternative Qualifications. An applicant who seek admission through other qualifications (not having A/L s) are required to pass the aptitude test.
2. A credit pass for Mathematics in the G.C.E (O/L) examination
Approved Alternative Qualifications:
A candidate who has obtained at least 6 passes in not more than two sittings and a credit pass in Mathematics at the GCE (O/L) examination and a full-time Diploma / Certificate or higher qualifications of at least 1 year duration from a recognized institution is considered to have satisfisfied the entry criteria. The following institutions are currently acceptable:
• Public Sector Universities
• National Institute of Business Management (NIBM)
• Training institute or programs accredited by the Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC)
• Government Technical Colleges
• Recognized Professional Organizations (e.g., BCS, IESL, CIMA, CIM, PMI)
• Three E passes at the Edexcel Advanced GCE Examination
• Teacher’s Diploma in Information Technology Program (1year), Sri Lanka
• Institute of Information Technology (SLIIT)
• Professional in-Service English Teacher Training Program (1 year), National Institute of Education (NIE)
• Trained Teachers’ Certificate (2 year, full-time) , Government Teacher Training Colleges
• International Diploma in Computer Studies(IDCS) of NCC Education, UK (requires 1 year full-time to complete)
To enter to the Higher Diploma programme an applicant must successfully complete the Diploma Programme .
To enter to the Degree programme an applicant must successfully complete the Higher Diploma Programme.
Applicants who have completed HNDIT at Sri Lanka Institute of Advanced Technological Education (SLIATE ) have been exempted from 16 modules in Level 1 and Level 2.
A student may enter the programme at different levels depending on the qualifications they have obtained.