Bachelor of Information Technology in
Networking and Mobile Computing (Hons)
Overview of the Degree Program
In a rapidly changing technological world, for smooth and uninterrupted operations, modern organizations need to have appropriate systems in place. These systems must work properly, be secure, and upgraded, maintained, and replaced as appropriate. Employees throughout an organization require support from IT staff that understand computer systems and their software and are committed to solving computer-related problems they might have.
Horizon Campus graduates of Information Technology degree programs will successfully address these needs of an organization without much extra efforts. These program offer students with the flexibility to work across many disciplines that require expertise IT aspects. The main aim of this degree program is to prepare students to meet the computing technology needs of business, government, healthcare, schools, and other kinds of organizations and also to stimulate development and research in these areas.
BSc (Hons) IT Degree Programs at Horizon Campus
The B.Sc. (Hons) degree program in Networking and Mobile Computing is designed at the Horizon Campus to offer students with the flexibility to work across many disciplines that require expertise in Mobile Application Development, Networking & Communication. As Computer Networks impact nearly every endeavour in the modern world, the proposed B.Sc. in IT specializing in Networking and Mobile Computing prepares graduates for a variety professions, attracting the full range of talent to the field.
Such a graduate will have a balance of theory and application to succeed in a rapidly changing technological world where mobile technology has recently been rapidly penetrating almost every sphere of life. Advances in such technologies change rapidly and will continue to change for decades in future. As such, the proposed curricula will prepare students for lifelong learning not only by following theoretical aspect of IT but also practicing leadership & communication skills, entrepreneurship, presentation skills, etc. as a part of the undergraduate degree program.
B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Networking and Mobile Computing allows the students to :
• Demonstrate a substantive knowledge and understanding of the core aspects of Networking and Mobile Computing;
• Critically analyze data, make judgments and propose solutions to problems;
• Use practical skills and enquiry efficiently and effectively;
• Construct and sustain arguments and use these arguments, ideas and techniques in problem solving;
• Demonstrate awareness of the current developments on computer networks and mobile computing;
• Engage in independent learning using scholarly reviews and secondary sources of information;
• Communicate information, ideas, issues and solutions efficiently and effectively;
• Exercise initiative, personal responsibility and accountability;
• Undertake further training and develop additional skills;
• Exercise leadership in the professional environment/work place; and
• Demonstrate positive attitudes and social responsibility.
Developed By Horizon Campus