The Campus is committed to provide a planned program of career education, information and guidance for all its undergraduates through Career Guidance Unit (CGU) from the entrance until they are graduated. This places a duty on CGU of the Campus to provide undergraduates access to careers, education, information and guidance in three identified areas namely:
- Career guidance and 'soft skills' development;
- Industrial placement program and,
- Promotion of ethnic and social cohesion and harmony in the Campus.
What is Career Guidance?
Career guidance refers to services and activities intended to assist individuals, of any age and at any point throughout their lives, to make educational, training and occupational choices and to manage their careers (OECD, 2010).
- Career Counselling: conducted on a one to one basis or in small groups
- Career Education: delivered as part of the curriculum in order to help students develop the competencies for managing career development, this may include developing self-awareness, developing skills for decision making and managing transitions, as well as work experience, work shadowing and work simulations.
- Career Information: either provided as hard copy or online, covering information on courses, occupations, Career paths and labor market information (OECD, 2010). The CGU provides undergraduates with a better understanding of career options, requirements and possible employment opportunities. The unit helps empower learners with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve their career and life aspirations through a range of well-designed trainings, events, workshops and services. CGU provides career information services necessary for planning, achieving and maintaining employment through an annual career fair. This includes information on occupations, skills, career pathways and trends in the labor market and industrial training programs available to meet these goals.
Vision, Mission and the Goal
- Vision: To provide satisfied and maximum employment opportunities of graduates with minimum waiting time through proper guidance and ultimately assure them to gain high living standard.
- Mission: To facilitate the career development of undergraduate students through professionalism, mannerism, unity, communication and leadership and enabling them to meet employers’ prospects by offering diversity of services to increase competencies required by the world of work.
- Goal: The goal of the career guidance is to provide assistance and guidance to students for making their career choices, academic planning and exploring future professions and placement opportunities.
- To develop relations between Horizon Campus and Employment Sectors in a mutually beneficial way.
- To support undergraduate students to select and continue on an optimal career path, based on the students’ ability, desire and available opportunities.
- To assist undergraduate students obtain an orientation to the employment sector and develop soft skills namely effective communication skills, leadership skills, teamwork skills, management skills etc. so that they will become productive members of the countries work force.
- To liaise with private and public sector organizations to realize existing job opportunities, bring them to the notice of graduates and direct the most suitable applicants to the organization.
Manager- Career Guidance
Phone: 011 436 5548 (Ext-716)
Mobile: 071 396 8210
The Career Guidance Unit.
No. 482/B, Suhada Mw.,
Chandrika Kumaranathunga Mw.,
Horizon Campus Knowledge City Malabe to be positioned as a leading education provider in the South Asian RegionHorizon Campus is a pioneering higher education...
Horizon Campus is proud to announce the Faculty...
As our contribution to fight against the curren...
Heartiest Congratulations to all our A-STATE gr...
#Horizoncampus was the official partner for the...
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- January 2018
- August 2015