– Solid theory and practical knowledge
– Course Modules covering Industry demands
– Thorough understanding of Computer Systems
– Demonstrate a substantive knowledge and understanding of the core aspects of Networking and Mobile Computing
– Communicate information, ideas, issues and solutions efficiently and effectively
– Engage in independent learning using latest technologies and with minimum supervision
4 Years Full-Time
Course Fee: Rs. 1,847,000 (Scholarships available)
Fees payable through the Government Interest Free Student Loan Scheme (IFSLS)
Honours – Slqf Level 6
This Course Is Approved By The Ministry Of Higher Education, Sri Lanka.
Minimum of three passes in GCE A/Ls in the any stream
Three Passes in one sitting at one of:
G.C.E. A/L – conducted by the Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka.
G.C.E. A/L – conducted by Pearson Edexel, UK (London A/L).
International A/L – conducted by Cambridge International Examinations.
BIT (Hons) in Networking & Mobile Computing degree opens up the following career paths upon graduation:
Total Credits Year 01: 31
Total Credits Year 02: 31
Total Credits Year 03: 30
Total Credits Year 04: 29
Total Credits of BIT (Hons) in Networking and Mobile Computing: 121
*Final Year Project Spans The Entire 4Th Year.
This degree programme includes 6 months of supervised professional experience on 4th year Internship
and final year project work.
– Horizon Campus is a fully recognized as a Degree Awarding Institute by: The Ministry of Higher Education The University Grants Commission (UGC) in Sri Lanka.
– Horizon Campus is a member of: The Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
The concept of Business Management was alien to the world of business a few decades ago. Need to manage a business enterprise scientifically evolved due to many globe sweeping trends. Globalization based on deregulated trade across national borders, travel, fast and efficient passage of information, growing competition, change of consumer needs, infusion of technology into business and household lives, and regional and global trade agreements created massive strides in the business world. All such growing trends generated a world-wide demand for young graduates who are knowledgeable, and have the proper mix of competence and attitudes. These requirements cannot be met by a conventional degree program focusing on class room teaching and passing examinations.
Dr. Samanthi Priyasadini Wickramasinghe
Head - Faculty of IT / Senior Lecturer - Faculty of IT & Executive in Quality Assurance
DBA (Lincoln University College, Malaysia), MSc in IT (Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK), BIT (UCSC), Dip. in QA in Higher Education (UNESCO), MCS (SL)
M. Phil (UCSC – Reading), MSc (UCSC), BCS-HEQ, BSc (Col), MBCS, MCSSL, MIEEE, MSLAAS, MIEDMS
Mr.Dananjaya Weerasinghe Hettiarachchi
Lecturer, Faculty of IT
MSc in Statistics (UCSC – Reading) B.Sc. (Special) in Statistics (SJP)
Mr. Ashen Gunawardena
Lecturer - Faculty of IT
MSc. in Networking and Information Security– UK (Reading), PgDip. in Networking and Information Security– UK, BEng (Hons) in Computer Networking – UK, CCSK, CCNP, CCNA, PCAP, CAP, CPP, HDCS
Mr. Thilina Samarasinghe
Lecturer - Faculty of IT
Bsc (Hons) IT, Msc in Cyber Security, MBA (Reading), Dip in IT, CCNA
Mr. Pubudu Senanayake
B.Sc. (Hons) in IT (Horizon Campus), AAT (Passed Finalist),
Dip in IT(Edexcel)