The main objectives of the “INFINITY” monthly webinar series organized by the Faculty of Information Technology are to:
- keep Faculty Students engaged with attractive high-profile subject matter experts;
- interact more closely with student-contributed online discussions (Students also participate as resource persons, moderation, poster is designs for the events etc.);
- to get student involvement with certain attractive learning and skill development activities
- encourage online participation, self-motivation, student feedback and improve their time management skills;
- motivate and encourage computer illiterate students to take maximum out of online delivery;
- reduce social isolation , lack of social interaction as much as possible.
The 1st session of the INFINITY on “How to become an IT Professional” was successfully completed on the 30th of June 2021 with the participation of nearly 300 students. The session was conducted by Ms. Samanthi Wickramasinghe, Head/Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Information Technology and Executive in Quality Assurance at Horizon Campus
The event was concluded by awarding the Certificates of Appreciations to the moderator, Ms. Thadhasneem Nooriya, and Mr. Adhithya Karunarathna for designing the ePoster from the faculty of IT.
The 2nd session of the INFINITY on “Find your true potential as an undergraduate” was successfully completed on the 28th July 2021. The session was led by Mr. Piumal Mahawasala, Principal at Brightwood International School, CEO at ScienceDojo (Digital School), former Application Support Engineer at Virtusa.
The event was concluded by awarding the Certificates of Appreciations to the speaker, Mr. Piumal Mahawasala, Ms. Sajini Javeesha, for moderating the event, and Mr. Adhithya Karunarathna for designing the ePoster. Both are undergraduates of the faculty of IT.
The 3rd session of the INFINITY on “How to be an effective learner?” was successfully completed on the 25th August 2021 by Ms. Sakunthala Rathnakara, and was well-received with a heap of positive feedback and appreciation from both students and staff of the faculty.
The Speaker, Ms. Rathnakara presently serves as a lecturer at Rajarata University of Sri Lanka attached to the Department of Human Resources Management. She was a former Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Management, Horizon Campus.
This event was concluded by offering the Certificate of Appreciations to the speaker, Ms. Rathnakara and the moderator of the event, Ms. Nipuni Hansala, an undergraduate at faculty of IT at Horizon Campus.